I Love You, Too!


Random blog post!

Every now and then something will strike me and I must write about it, or rather, put my thoughts on paper to put them in perspective.

Not a lot of people know this about me but I am fairly an emotional guy! That is to say, I feel. I have feelings and I am man enough to let them show... sometimes!

I am not the macho type. Never have been

I am me. I can't help it. Can't change it. Don't want to.

I am happy with who I am!

So something I've noticed myself doing lately is responding differently to my girlfriend when she tells me she loves me.

How do you respond? You most likely say the same thing back, "I love you, too!", right? Well, of course you do and that's okay! I do too! We want to let our significant others know that we do in fact, love them.

It is an important thing to convey! It's an affirmation that many of us not only want to hear, but need to hear.

And need to hear often. I know I do.

Especially when you're so damn in love!

So I recently noticed that when I reply to my girlfriend saying "I love you!", I reply "Thank you for loving me!"

It's a very real emotion and I truly am thankful for her love!

It's an attitude of gratitude that says "I love you, too!" without saying those words specifically. If I am thankful for someone's love then it means that I am grateful for them and who they are and where they are in my life!

It's being happy and grateful.

It's saying "I love you" back but with a mountain of appreciation for them. "Thank you for loving me!"

Because, lets just be real here for a minute.... You, me... we are NOT so easy to love sometimes. No one is! But when you have someone by your side who can look past your negative side, your mistakes, your imperfections... and still love you enough to see past it!

That my friend deserves a thank you, each and every time!!

So next time your significant other tells you they love you.. don't say it back!

Thank them for it!!


Comments

  1. I Love you and always will! Thank you for loving me until your last breath! Until we meet again my love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My OBX Full... And She Ran How Many Marathons?

Yeti 100! Our first 100 Miler

I Can't Run! (Road to Boston) Part 1