The Third Times A Charm!

Happy to be a finisher!!
This will be my third marathon in 12 months! My first last November being this one that I am about to run again, the OBX marathon (3:49) and my second being the Shamrock in VA. Beach (3:43). I am hoping for one of two results at the crossing of the finish line on Sunday... An over all PR marathon time under 3:43 or.. And it's a big or, that I come in under last years OBX marathon time for a course PR. Looking back at my calendar, I was logging 30 to 40 miles a week leading up to this weekend. That has not been the case this year. While I have been active in many races (almost constantly) I have not been up to par with my training this year. Far too many long runs without the very important shorts runs in between. However, over all, I feel good about race day and my pace goals. Analysis of last years splits show a consistent pace in the 8 minute range up until mile 19, the dreaded wall we all know is waiting for us around that time frame! I did not hit the wall though last year. I did slow up into the 9's with the slowest pace of the race being a 9:50. Looking at these splits I know I will need to conserve some energy for those last 6 miles. Pay attention to my Garmin and stay under 9 at all costs!! I know.. I say that now but I very well could be singing a different tune on Sunday!
Let's hope not!



My  Stats from 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My OBX Full... And She Ran How Many Marathons?

Yeti 100! Our first 100 Miler

I Can't Run! (Road to Boston) Part 1